This week has been a hard one on me. Thursday and Friday morning were the most difficult.
I no longer can wear my heels because they really hurt my back. Sitting hurts my back and laying down hurts my hips, is there an in between?
I don't sleep well anymore and for anyone that knows me knows how important this is...needless to say that I'm a grump.
Of course I feel fat and ugly and my cheap hair dresser won't return my phone calls and won't pick up the phone...do you think she's trying to tell me something?
So Friday morning I was sitting at my desk waiting for the market to open and I just couldn't stop feeling sorry for myself and then I got an i.m. (instant message for all you people who hate abbreviations) from Kendall saying his mom was on the way to the hospital because she's had a stroke, talk about changing my attitude towards "poor me." My little problems seem so petty and selfish right now. I no longer feel sorry for myself, I am grateful for the experiences that I'm going through, this is all for some little baby that I'm bringing into the world. As I sat in the ER room I hoped and prayed that Marietta would make a full recovery so that one day she would be able to love and play with this baby as much as I know she would like to.
As of right now Marietta is doing better than what the doctors had first predicted.
My post title should now be changed to WHAT WAS I THINKING?
9 comments:
I hope your mother-in-law recovers. That is scary.
Being pregnant isn't always fun. I remember those nights when I just couldn't get confortable. Do you have a body pillow? I couldn't sleep w/o one when I was pregnant.
Yes body pillow is a must.
and I am so sorry to her about kendalls mom. I hope you are all doing ok.
I got this pillow: http://www.amazon.com/Leachco-Back-Belly-Contoured-Pillow/dp/B0002E7DIQ/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=baby-products&qid=1208023272&sr=8-1 but it seems to hurt my hips more so then just my normal pillow set up.
You should get the pillows G and I have, I don't know if they have them as long as the body pillow but you could buy 2.
Wow. We'll keep you guys in our prayers.
And i PROMISE it's ok to be grumpy through pregnancy. I certainly was. And my marriage survived.
Diana, for a long time I thought things were so bad, so hard, so painful, not fair. Life is good, even when you are pregnant, big, little, uncomfortable, or even sick. There is always another way to look at the good in life. Keep thinking about the good things. Keep Marietta in loving prayers, with loving thoughts. This will help her much more than looking at it as being bad or hard or painful, or not fair. She needs your light, you and Kendall have so much light and love to give!!!!
I know what you mean about the never being comfortable in your own body, for me every position always had a sore spot. Those body pillow didn't work for me because they were too poofy. I had to set up what looks like a grown up person's version of a baby wedge with a pillow in between the legs. Needless to say Brian DID NOT like the pillow set up, maybe because we were in a queen and I was the size of the bed with all those darn pillows.
Diana, oh....about being pregnant...Look on the bright side.....it's over in another 4 months. That's all I've got....I didn't EVEN have a body pillow!!! And I did this 5 times!!! What was I thinking???? I do have 5 great kids out of it and almost 11 grandchildren, so it was worth it. Even without the pillow.
Diana, oh....about being pregnant...Look on the bright side.....it's over in another 4 months. That's all I've got....I didn't EVEN have a body pillow!!! And I did this 5 times!!! What was I thinking???? I do have 5 great kids out of it and almost 11 grandchildren, so it was worth it. Even without the pillow.
Post a Comment