Monday, December 14, 2009

Where are you going?

As of lately my little boy is driving me bonkers. Luckily I can talk about it now because he is taking a much needed nap.
For Thanksgiving we went over to my sisters house and while we were sitting down chatting with the family one of the cousins came in from outside and said Berg broke through the screen window in Oscar's room and was taking off down the street. Thank goodness for Coren's oldest son Josh was outside already (and was probably talking to Berg through the window in the first place )who went and saved my son.
Last night as we went to celebrate Christmas with my moms side of the family at St. Monica's church, Berg was brought back to us by a lady down the hall who heard him stomping around outside of her office. I'm sure those who read my blog are thinking, "why in the world do you not watch your child?" I tell you my friends, I do watch my son but I cannot and will not be one of those parents that is constantly 2 steps behind their little one.
I have always told Kendall that I want our son to be able to explore and not be tied down by doors being shut and ALL the cabinets being locked but this last week has really shown me that my baby is no longer a baby, he is a toddler on a terror! But I love him anyways....

4 comments:

The Reeses said...

very funny! Sounds like you need a leash. kidding.

Kimbo said...

Yay he sounds like he's quite a handful, but aren't all kids at that age? Good luck :)

Kimbo said...

Oops meant Yeah not Yay...forgive me ;)

diana said...

No kidding, my grandma told me he needed a leash...I couldn't do that to my poor baby, he's just so independent, and there isn't anything wrong with that.