Monday Kendall and I go in for our 20 week sonogram. We both are super excited to find out the sex of our baby but in the back of my head I think that the baby will cover up just to spite me. I think once I find out what we're having that I won't want to go into work, I'll want to go SHOPPING!
As I notice that everyone and their dogs are pregnant these days I'm beginning to worry that I'm not going to be prepared. As of yet I haven't done a thing to get ready for the baby, is this normal? Will I know what to do when I go into labor...have I even read any books or gone to any classes? No, and the question remains, will I?
Can I hire someone to handle the baby affairs like I did for my wedding....Coren are you available?
15 comments:
Diana, you don't have to do a thing right now. Just take it one day at a time, and the rest will come. Make sure you enjoy each and every moment. Knowing what you are going to have will spur you on to make the choices you have only thought about making. You'll never be in this very moment again. So, have fun!!!
I can get you started on being ready...get this %#&@ cradle out of my living room.
You can't afford me!
Thanks Coren, I knew you'd be there for me.
You really can't prepare til you know what you're having anyway. And as far as labor -- sorry honey, you will NEVER be prepared for that. Dallas came so early that we never got to take our class and I survived! You can do it!
I vote Baby Girl Arrington. What do you think?
I really, really want a boy so that means I'll have a girl.
I hope "it" does cover up. DON'T FIND OUT!
Don't worry about getting things ready. Like your mom said, the rest will just come. They send you home from the hospital with diapers. When you run out, go to the store. I didn't have anything ready for any of mine, especially the last one and we all lived.
And your body and your doctor will know what to do when labor starts.
Diana,
worrying does not make the situation better. Look for the evidence in your life that all is well. Live in the moment and choose to enjoy where you are. We made it and you will too. It is an adventure and a wonderful journey. I have never regreted any part of my own. Whatever pain I went through is barely a memory now. Well, maybe that's oldtimes sitting in??? Love you, my little one.
Yes, it is a journey, but dang girl at least read a book! You do know how to read, but as far as anything else you can wait until you find out until the sono. If that doesn't work out buy a pack of onesies and call it good.
Sister, I've read books but they were all at the beginning...now I just don't want to.
Congratulations Diana and Kendall on your little__________!!! That's just in case you didn't tell everybody yet. Now the adventure begins...names, furniture, clothes, etc. Remember to have fun!!! Love you both, mommala
Diana,
Did you REALLY hire Coren, or did you just get free labor out of her?
And, yeah, all a baby REALLY needs is diapers and food. ENJOY this time! Being pregnant and experiencing this for the first time will never happen again.
Don't stress, although stressing is part of the first time parent experience. So go ahead! Stress. Worry about labor. Worry about feeding. Worry about whether you will be able to do it. Worry about what the baby will look like. Worry that your life will never be the same. Worry about having enough clothes and baby gear. Hey, it's all part of the fun.
I am really excited for you!
Thanks guys!!
Farrah, are you kidding? Of course I hired coren..
HELLO!!!! Are you gonna make an announcement or what?????
Post a Comment