Monday, February 11, 2008

True or False

Why are there so many wives tales when it comes to having babies?
Here are a few examples:
1. If the babies heart beat is above 140 beats/second it's a girl
2. Carrying a baby low and wide means it's a boy
3. Mixing drano and urine will determine what you're having.
4. If you have morning sickness it's a girl.
5. Extra leg hair growth means you are having a boy.
6. If you have nose bleeds it's a girl.
7. If you don't look as good as you used to, it's a girl.
8. The sex can be determined by the month you conceived and your age.

The list is never ending, what works...which ones don't or is it all a bunch of bull?!?!
I will just have to wait 6 more weeks until I know for sure ( and no Allyson I will not wait.)

18 comments:

A Healing Within said...

Diana, I guess that's the fun of having a baby. Just try not to carry low with wide hips, looking bad and being sick. That would be a bummer!!! Love you,

A Healing Within said...

Diana, I guess that's the fun of having a baby. Just try not to carry low with wide hips, looking bad and being sick. That would be a bummer!!! Love you,

Jana said...

I totally agree. All signs said I was having a girl and Dallas certainly isn't a girl, so I say ignore everyone and just enjoy wallowing in self pity about how ugly and sick you feel until your baby comes. It worked well for me!

Allyson said...

What do you do with the drano and urine once you've mixed it? Who came up with that and what were they thinking. One of these days I am gonna talk someone into waiting......

diana said...

If the drano turns brown or blue it's a boy and if it stays the same color or turns green it's a girl. Kendall and I tried it yesterday and it turned a super dark purple color, what do you think that means?

Alicia said...

You guys are either bored, messed up, or desperate to shop.

diana said...

Alicia, you know I'm dying to shop!! I haven't been able to buy myself any clothes so the next best thing is for the baby.

The Reeses said...

D-Didn't you know if it turns dark purple it means you are having both a girl and boy (you know-twins).congrats and good luck with that.

The Reeses said...

But seriously? you actually tried it? I love you. You make me laugh. And that is all a bunch of bull hoonkie! I think you should have a girl because they have such cute clothes.

Allyson said...

Diana, I was about to say the same thing as Kristy. TWINS!!!!

Clinesville said...

Gosh I hope not; I'm the one that will be watching them while d goes back to work...please don't have twins

diana said...

Don't worry, the sonogram proved that their is only one "lemon" in there.

Alicia said...

Maybe the purple does mean it's both boy and girl... a Jamie Lee Curtis (a hermie)!j/k

Unknown said...

I think purple means you need to drink more water. Your urine must be concentrated. :)

All of this stuff is bull. The reason why people claim these work is because you have a 50% chance of it being right. Those odds are pretty good. You will find half the time they are true and half the time they are not.

Heck, even a sonogram isn't 100% positive, but much closer than 50%.

The Reeses said...

True or False? Diana needs to post?

diana said...

True but I got nothin' for ya.

Fressia Vaughn said...

What happens when they all contradict eachother? Hermaphrodite?

Fressia Vaughn said...

TAG! I don't know if you participate in these tag games we all love so much that are so generic, but I actually changed it to a good one, so go check out my blog and then get going. And email me tomorrow at work. I have stories.