Thursday, August 4, 2011

My Grandma

This is a post for my own selfish reasons. I need to get my feelings out and I'm hoping that by writing them down I can feel a little bit better.
For those of you who don't know, this is a picture of my Grandma, we call her Nena. My Nena is very special to me; I have so many memories with and about my Nena.
Nena was diagnosed with Alzheimer's a few years back. Since then, we have been in disputes with my uncle regarding her finances and estate, blah, blah, blah...needless to say, we have all been through A LOT with one another.
Today, we found out that Nena has tumors in her abdomen and lungs. I know that she doesn't have much longer on this earth. I know, "I'll see her again," but, at this moment in time, it does not help me. I know it is the cycle of life and that Nena has had 83 great years on this earth.
I hate saying good-byes; I hate the ideas of good-byes. I already miss my grandma and she is still right here, 5 minutes away. So, until then, I will cherish my grandmother even more!!!

2 comments:

Mubeen said...

I'm thinking of you! Such a sweet post and picture.

Alicia said...

Well said Sister.